Just a reminder of few things the CMC has done over the past few years....
1) We have hosted the last 3 Carbondale Rocks Revivals. Bringing artists from near and far to play on one amazing weekend in our variety of venues throughout downtown Carbondale. Cedric Burnside, Lucero, Luella and the Sun, Slobberbone, Unknown Hinson, Waco Brothers, Mountain Sprout, Woodbox Gang, Stacie Collins, Mike Dillon, Lynn Drury, Elizabeth Cook, Marshall Crenshaw, and Amanda Shires are just some of the talented musicians that have graced the stage for CRR.
2) Launched the Live on Main concert series. We started out with a great show and amazing turnout with the Woodbox Gang and Nikki Hill on Monroe Street. We followed it up with one of the most historic shows in the history of Carbondale. After years of issues and political discourse we shut down the Strip and put on a FREE concert to the public. Jason Isbell was at the top of the charts at the time and the whole night was really special. Now you are starting to see street shows all over town now that we have shown how it is done. It was truly an honor to be handed the responsibility of this show.
3) We have hosted several shows at the Varsity Center for the Arts. Bringing in this unique venue to our downtown area was a great change a pace and offers a different style venue for everyone. No show was bigger than the sell out crowd for Ray Wylie Hubbard last year!
4) We worked in partnership with WSIU to create a PBS television program called "Little Egypt Live". Local Bands being showcased on a well produced television show was really cool to see and great to have documented.
5) Hosted both Tawl Paul Day and Tim Beaty day at the Hangar 9. Having the acting mayor dedicate a day to our most beloved and talented musicians is something we as a city should be proud of and continue forever.
6) We have hosted concerts at Shryock Auditorium including 2 very memorable Woodbox Gang shows. This venue doesn't get used nearly enough and we were happy to be able to pack the place.
7) We are continuously working with our local businesses, organizations, and community to bring you the best possible entertainment. Hangar 9, Fat Patties, Pk's, The Varsity, Pag's, Dairy Queen, Cellar, Cristaudos, The Newell House, Longbranch, Tres Hombres, Carbondale Tourism, Carbondale Main Street, WDBX, The Practice Pad, and whole bunch of truly amazing folks have all had a part in making our events successful.